Founded in 1992 | On-Site MRI Scanner | Board-Certified in Neurology
Specialized MRIs, EEGs, and Other Medical Testing
When you need a specialized second opinion on a neurological medical condition, Neurology Clinic, P.C. is the name to remember. We provide comprehensive neurological testing. To schedule an appointment, or if your doctor recommends advanced testing, please call us today.
State-Of-The-Art Neurological Testing Options
At Neurology Clinic, P.C., we use a variety of state-of-the-art medical technologies, including an in-house MRI, to assist in your diagnosis:
- EMG (Electrical Myography) — Recording of the electrical activity generated in the muscle by inserting a thin needle into the belly of the muscle. EMG is usually done in conjunction with NCV.
- NCV (Nerve conduction velocity test) — How fast do your nerves transmit signals? This test consists of placing electrodes (small discs) on the affected extremity (arm or leg) and delivering small electrical pulses to monitor nerve responses.
- EEG (Electroencephalogram) — An electrical brain test that consists of placing several electrodes (small discs) on the scalp using sticky paste and recording brain activity for approximately 45 minutes.
- Carotid Ultrasound (Carotid Doppler, Carotid Duplex) — This a test that shows how much blood flows and how fast it travels through the carotid artery. It is the same type of ultrasound that is used on pregnant women.
- MRI and MRA (Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Magnetic Resonance Angiography) — This is a scan that uses magnetic fields and radio waves to take a picture of various parts of the body. It does not use radiation and is safe for most patients. The only concern during an MRI or MRA would be if you have any metal in your body, for which you would need to consult with your doctor.
- Comprehensive Neurological Cognitive Assessments & Screenings - Online and in person tests of cognitive abilities, memory, reaction time, etc. conducted by our staff social worker, establish benchmarks and provide another tool for diagnosis. The American Academy of Neurology (AAN) recommends that everyone age 65 and older, regardless of symptoms, have yearly cognitive assessments.
Sleep Lab and Narcolepsy Testing
Our clinic is also equipped with a sleep lab. In our sleep lab, we test for obstructive sleep apnea and narcolepsy. To learn more, see our Sleep Center page.