Neurology Clinic Patients:
Your health and safety are our number one priority. We understand the uncertainty you may be feeling in light of the coronavirus (COVID-19). The Neurology Clinic is closely following appropriate sources for the most up-to-date information and recommendations on COVID-19. We want to share the actions we are taking for the safety and well-being of our patients, providers and staff during this challenging time:
What We Are Doing:
- Actively screening all staff, patients, and visitors for risk of COVID-19, including signs and symptoms of illness, temperature scans and recent travel and contact history.
- Strictly limiting encounters to providers and patients only. Appropriate accommodations will be made for patients who require caregivers or family members to be involved in their medical care.
- Adding additional rigorous cleaning procedures throughout our facility.
- Encouraging frequent handwashing and limiting physical contact, including handshaking.
- Taking steps to protect our providers and staff by limiting meetings and providing our staff with adequate personal time to care for themselves or their families if they are directly impacted by COVID-19.
- Increasing the availability of telehealth appointments, which allows our providers to conduct patient visits online. If a telehealth appointment is available to you, our staff will contact you to discuss changing your in-person appointment to a telehealth appointment.
- Actively monitoring and adapting our policies and procedures as new information regarding COVID-19 becomes available to serve our patients in the safest way possible.
What You Can Do:
- Practice good hand washing hygiene by washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with your elbow or a tissue.
- Refrain from touching your face.
- Stay home if you are sick.
We recognize that these are difficult times and that everyone is experiencing disruptions in their personal and work lives. We thank you for your patience and cooperation with these new policies and procedures and appreciate the trust you put in us to meet your neurologic and sleep health needs.